Learn Engines is a company dedicated to a better way to educate children.
We make science lab activities that are:
- Flexible and Modular: Created so teachers can adapt the learning to the schedule of the class.
- Authentic: Based on a phenomenon from the world the students and teachers know.
- Reusable: The products can be used again from class to class and include the option of ordering refills for the consumable components of the kit.
- Blend of Real and Virtual World: Our products are a blend of the real world and the virtual world. This results in the best educational experience for the child.
- Fun: Students love to learn as they try to solve the science mystery presented in these products.
Murder at Old Fields
Murder at Old Fields, the first case in the Case History forensic science series, is an exciting Forensic Science Lab Activity for middle and high school students. Based on the 1842 double-murder of Alexander and Rebecca Smith at their farmhouse in Old Fields, Long Island, students examine evidence and conduct labs based on the historical facts of this case.
There are two versions of the Murder at Old Fields activity; a real-world kit and an online version.
Diablo Highway is the second lab activity in the Case History forensic science series. It is based on the double-murder of Hazel Frome and her daughter Nancy that occurred in March 1938 on a desert road in Southwest Texas. Diablo Highway is problem-based learning that supports the three-dimensions of learning outlined in the Next Generation Science Standards.
There are two versions of the Diablo Highway activity; a real-world kit and an online version.