Terms and Conditions
- Limitations on Use and Membership
This Website and Products are provided solely for the personal or educational use of individual members or users only; and may not be used in connection with or to promote any predominantly commercial activities. Collection of user names and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website is prohibited.
- Purchase of digital Teacher level accounts is limited to educators (or other staff on behalf of an educator). If a Teacher level account is determined to be in possession of a student or other non-authorized user, Learn Engines retains the right to terminate said account.
- Reservation of Rights in Website
The Website and Products contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of the Company and its Licensors.Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, publish, modify, transmit, perform, display, distribute or sell any such information or material of Company.
- Posting of Content on Website
- You hereby represent that all information provided in registering your membership or creating your profile is accurate and complete
- You understand and agree that Company reserves the right to review, edit or delete any content, photos, messages or profiles (collectively, “Content”) that in Company’s sole judgment might violate this Agreement or the legal rights of Company or third parties, be illegal or offensive, or pose a threat of harm to any individual or group.
- As a member posting Content on the Website, you warrant and represent that you have the right to post such Content and that it does not violate any copyright, trade secret or other right of any third party. Your posting of such Content constitutes a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to Company to copy, perform, use, display and distribute such information and Content and to incorporate such Content into other works of, or prepare derivative works from such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you display or publish (hereinafter, “post”) on the Website, or transmit to other members.
- The following is a partial list of the content or usage of the Website and Products that is prohibited: threatening or promoting harm or harassment of any kind against any group or individual; posting false, misleading or slanderous information; promoting or carrying out illegal activities, such as pornography, chain letters, copyright infringement or spamming; posting threatening, abusive, obscene, libelous or defamatory Content; or engaging in predominantly commercial activities, such as contests and/or sales, without prior written consent from Company.
- Member Disputes
Each user or member is solely responsible for his or her use of the Website and Products and of any sites that may be linked to this site. Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between users or Members.
Company is not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect content posted on the Website and Products or any linked site and is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user, member or linked third party site. The Website and Products is provided “AS-IS” and Company expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Company disclaims any responsibility for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of or membership in the Website and Products or any third party linked site, including any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline.
- Intellectual Property Policy
You may not post, reproduce, or distribute in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information of Company or other user or member without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website and Products in a way that constitutes infringement, please contact Company at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright or other interest in the Content or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; a description of the work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; and a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law.
- Limitation on Liability
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR MEMBERSHIP IN THE WEBSITE OR PRODUCTS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH FORM OF DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR WHATSOEVER CAUSE, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT THAT HAS BEEN OR IS TO BE PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO COMPANY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR USAGE OF OR MEMBERSHIP IN THE WEBSITE.
You agree to indemnify Company, its affiliates, its subsidiaries, agents, officers, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, claim, liability, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website and Products in violation of this Agreement and/or applicable law or regulations.
- Choice of Law and Forum
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. You and Company hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in Suffolk County, New York to resolve any dispute arising from or related to the Website and Products or this Agreement. You and Company hereby waive any right to a trial by jury in any such proceeding.
The prices published on this website are based on the acceptance of Learn Engines’ terms and conditions. If there are additional terms, conditions or requirements requested other than those published, the prices listed here may not apply and additional costs could be incurred to purchase these products.